Last week, I was troubleshooting a PC. The DVD/CD-ROM drive is not able to be seen in windows explorer. In the device manager, the DVD/CD-ROM drives appear with exclamation mark. The user mentioned he has installed the drivers CD from the manufacturer.
- On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type Regedit and click OK.
- Select the following key in the Windows registry:
- On the Edit menu, click Delete:
Value Name: LowerFilters
Value Name: UpperFilters
- On the Registry menu, click Exit.
- Reboot your computer.
Sometimes, you may find only one of the Value Name. You can continue to delete it and restart your computer.
New: 20/03/2009 or I’m slow. Microsoft posted a new article to fix for Windows Vista.