Windows Vista now comes with a User Account Control (UAC) features that can help prevent unauthorized changes to the computer.
I’m sure with 30 mintues usage to do your work, you might have already encountered one of the following message
- Windows needs your permission to continue
- A program needs your permission to continue
- An unidentified program wants access to your computer
- This program has been blocked
It’s good for new users but for us who have been using computers for quite sometime find it a waste of time clicking “continue, allow” just to complete a certain task.
Here’s the trick.
- Click on Start – Control Panel.
- Make sure you are at Control Panel Home in the left column.
- Click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Click on User Accounts.
- Click on Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Uncheck Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer and click on OK.
- When prompted Windows needs your permission to continue, click on Continue.
- Click on Restart Now to restart your computer.