Initially, I was thinking by disabling the BEEP service in my (host OS) windows system will help to keep the BEEP sound away for my (guest OS) virtual machines. But I was wrong. Certain tasks which i performed in my guest will trigger the BEEP sound.
Click on the below link if you want to disable system BEEP service in particular (guest OS) virtual machines.
Windows XP / Vista / 2003 – Turn off the system BEEP service
- Make sure VMware Workstation program is exited
- Look for config.ini in the following folders
- Open config.ini with notepad and type mks.noBeep=”TRUE”
- Save the config.ini file and exit notepad
For Windows XP,
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Workstation\config.ini
For Windows Vista and Windows 7,
- The folders may be hidden, you need to unhide the folders in order to see the files.
- If the config.ini does not exist, create the file using notepad.
Finally the annoying beep sound is removed permanently! Cheers.
Another great tip!
Excellent!!! Thanx Much
For Windows 7 and newer the file is actually at
See article at